Throughout the year we hold monthly get togethers for members on the first Wednesday of each month. These are outdoor walks and surveys during the spring and summer and indoor meetings throughout the winter months. We try and hold atleast one training event each year, these are open to prospective members as well as existing members and are for a variety of skill and knowledge levels. We also hold public events during the survey season.
Keep an eye on our events and training pages for the latest goings on!
- Great Garden Bat Watch 2021Please join the Jersey Bat Group for the third Great Garden Bat Watch! This event combines the joy of (hopefully!) watching bats with citizen science based research that can help us better understand bats across Jersey. Read More →
- Light PollutionAlthough there is acknowledgement that light pollution can be a ‘source of annoyance to people, it can be harmful to wildlife, waste energy and detract from the enjoyment of the night sky’ (CPRE 2016) there is only about a fifth of England that retains skies completely free of light pollution. Light pollution is known to have an impact on species from insects to turtles. When it comes to bats, light pollution can impact on foraging site bat assemblages, commuting routes, can delay or prevent bats emerging from roosts, or can in ‘in some cases lead to bats abandoning or becoming entombed in the roost’ (BCT). Read More →
- International Bat Nights RaffleRaffle entries have now closed The draw for prizes took place on 31st August – congratulations to all of our winners! To raise additional funds for our research, training and education programmes we are holding a raffle to coincide with the International Bat Nights on the 29th and 30th August. We will draw for the raffle on the 31st of August Tickets are just one pound each. You can buy just one, or five or ten. We have been donated some wonderful prizes so far and hoping for more to come! Read More →
- International Bat Night – 30th August – Bat Walk – Val de la Mare ReservoirTICKETS SOLD OUT …………………………………. Celebration of Bat International Night The Jersey Bat Group will be taking part in the International Bat Night celebrations by hosting not one but two public bat activity walks on 29th and 30th August. Tickets are £5 for adults and £1 for children (under 16 years old). Please buy your tickets from Eventbrite: Tickets Bat Walk 30th AugustRead More →
- International Bat Night – 29th August – Bat Walk – Queen’s Valley ReservoirTICKETS SOLD OUT ………………………………… Celebration of Bat International Night The Jersey Bat Group will be taking part in the International Bat Night celebrations by hosting not one but two public bat activity walks on 29th and 30th August. Tickets are £5 for adults and £1 for children (under 16 years old). Please buy your tickets from Eventbrite: Tickets Bat Walk 29th AugustRead More →