*** All tickets now sold ***
Celebration of Bat International Night
The Jersey Bat Group will be taking part in the International Bat Night celebrations by hosting not one but two public bat activity walks on 28th and 29th August.
- Tickets are £5 for adults and £2 for children (under 16 years old).
- There are three timeslots for which you can buy tickets: – 20:00, 20:30 and 21:00
- There are 15 tickets available per timeslot
- Please buy your tickets from Eventbrite: Click here for Tickets
History of International Bat Night – EUROBATS
Bats have an important role to play in our eco-system, and are one of the major contributors to keeping down night insects like midges and mosquitoes. Some of them are becoming endangered and International Bat Night was established to help promote a greater awareness and understanding of bats and why they deserve to be protected. This celebration is held by bat groups across the British Isles, such as the Jersey Bat Group, and the Bat Conservation Trust, to coincide with International Bat Night (formerly European Bat Night) which is organised by EUROBATS. The Bat Night has taken place every year since 1997 in more than 30 countries over the last full weekend of August.
How to celebrate International Bat Night
One of the best ways to spend International Bat Night is by joining one of the Jersey Bat Group walks and celebrating the night with the members. You will have the chance to learn fascinating facts about how bats are built, the strange places they choose to roost, and how they find their way around in the dark as well as, hopefully, seeing the bats themselves.
Bat walk – Val de la Mare Reservoir
- The walks will be at three staggered pre-booked intervals between at 20.00 and 21:00 (15 people per group).
- Please arrive at the location 10 minutes before your ticketed time.
- They will last approximately one hour and you will need suitable clothing, sturdy walking shoes and a torch.
- There will be a small goody bag of batty things and a quiz for children to take home after they have completed the walk.
Thank you to Jersey Water for kindly allowing us to use their sites.
Items to purchase after the walk
There will be various batty items for sale at the meeting point.
Refreshments are not being provided.
For further details contact Jersey Bat Group: firstname.lastname@example.org